Culture, cinema and musical awareness. The basic grounds of the audiovisual language will be explored through the learning of the basic narrative elements and music composition for cinema.
Part A) Culture and Cinema:
- The importance that cinema has had throughout the cultural, social and political history of the 20th and early 21st Centuries.
- To discover that many of today’s audiovisual proposals have their origins in the cinematic past.
- How art and social and political movements have influenced cinema, and how cinema has influenced art, society and politics.
- Analyse visually and narratively different stylistic periods and specific films of the most significant filmmakers.
Part B) Musical awareness:
- Broaden the sound experience through listening to film music, experiencing the expressive richness and its emotional implications in relation to specific cultural contexts.
- Explore the basic grounds of the audiovisual language by learning the basic narrative elements of composition for cinema.